How to be Successful in Blogging? FOR BEGINNERS
This is a complete article about blogging for beginners, from purchasing hosting to getting traffic.
In this article, you will also learn about
– How to be successful in blogging?-for Beginners.
– what is WordPress?
– what are plugin in WordPress and most useful WordPress plugins?
Howdy, are you a designer, artist, animator, or whatever? You know blogging is another way of earning money rather than your day job. You can earn a solid income by doing part-time work from your home by just doing blogging. This post is completely dedicated to how to do blogging for beginners.
There’re thousands of online websites and videos on youtube they can teach you everything about blogging but still, you’re on this page because actually you’re not satisfied with their high-end language and knowledge putting in a single post.
I know you’re beginner, and when I was started blogging I also was don’t know any single thing about blogging but my only 13 posts are rank very well when I was totally disappointed but once google Adsense pin verification post reach on my doorstep, and when I opened my site and google analytics, I see that my site is hitting a very well user score.
Then I started again writing on my site, and today is the day, I don’t have many posts, but some single posts which are on google’s first page are ranking very well and give me audience for my site. And also, some posts which are ranking on google’s second or third page also get traffic.
As this is a startup and I’m also in a learning session about blogging, so I can talk in your language as you don’t know anything, and I know something.
Read the complete article, I guarantee that you will not regret for these 10 minutes.
Keywords : Blogging for beginners, How to make money with a blog for beginners, Blog post Ideas for beginners
There’s no end of learning about blogging, you can achieve whatever you want, by just doing hard work. One day you will be a pro blogger who earn thousands of dollars when you sleeps at night, yes it does not dream, it’s real. On the next morning, you wake up and can see some emails about your affiliate purchases, you can see hundreds of clicks and impressions on your AdSense. Oh, a lot of money will be sent to your bank account every week. This is the life of bloggers. But for this amazing wake-up, you have to spend a lot of sleepless nights on your blog.
As this post is about blogging for beginners, then you don’t know anything about blogging and you want to start your blogging, so I had divided the starting process of blogging into 4 important parts in an easy way. Let’s see
Earning money online by blogging for beginners is not an easy task as people think, but also not a very difficult task that you can’t reach that level. It’s far easy, smooth and clear than running a local retail store.
What is Hosting?
In simple words, hosting is a space in the world of the internet. So, without hosting, you can’t upload a single word of text online. Every website you see on the internet have their own purchased space or storage in which they upload their data.
Then What is Domain?
Let’s assume you wanna start a perfume store in a shopping mall. Then what things will you have the need to start your store? First, shop or space in the shopping mall to store all your goods, that is the hosting.
Now, you have paid for a shop and you got the space, but is getting a shop is enough to run your business? No, now you have to set up the name of your store and you decided “Rom’s Perfume Shop” as your shop name, this is the domain. Now both are ready, you have to just decorate all your perfumes in your shop so people can enjoy your perfumes and can purchase, that is the article you will publish on your blog. Now you’re getting daily 1000 to 2000 people visit your shop, then the local advertisement agency contact you and you are started showing some hoardings in your shop in return for money to you and people see them, that is ad earning.
If you’re going to start your own blog site then don’t buy domains, as they will be available free with hosting plans.
Now, there are two types of hosting are available, the first is Free and the second is Paid.
So you are a beginner and want to start your blog then please read it carefully “DON’T GO WITH FREE HOSTING”. I repeat “DON’T GO WITH FREE HOSTING”.
Yes, free hosting has a very nice plus point that they are FREE, but they have only one pro, that they are free.
You can not earn a good income by free websites, so if you wanna getting money from your blog, first you have to pay some small amount of money to the Hosting.
As I was also started a free blog on Bloggers and wasted my 3 months in it. Nothing happen good with me.
Then I purchased hosting from Bluehost.
You know, I researched a lot to get the best hosting, and I finally went with Bluehost by following SiteGround, HostGator, WP Hosting and many more.
Why I choose Bluehost?
AFFORDABLE. Yes, Bluehost is the most affordable hosting with awesome services. You can buy Bluehost hosting with just $2.95 a month. You can check the special discount plan for you at here.
You are reading this post on the site, is also hosted by bluehost and I’m 100% satisfied with their services.
Best hosting for blogging. For Beginners, the Bluehost is a perfect combination with its budget and plans.
Bluehost Hosting Pro & Cons
- Cheap to buy than similar hosting available in market.
- WordPress is inbuilt.
- Bluehost gives you 24×7 live chat and Phone call support.
- Their basic plans are really affordable for beginners.
- Unmetered bandwidth, if your site, gets a new hit in a few months, Bluehost will not limit the traffic.
- 50 GB Storage available in their cheapest shared hosting plans. That is nice, that you’ll don’t think twice before uploading anything on your site.
- High renewel Price. Yes their first time purchasing is affordable, but the renewel is costly. But if you buy your hosting for 3 years in first time, that is the worth of money.
- Only single Server available US. So, if your traffic is from another country than US, than they will face a very slow site speed. But if your’re just buying the hosting for earning money, than you have to focus only on US traffic as they have a High CPC rate than other country. So, no matter its here.
- Bluehost is not good for advance performance if you’re planning, But you just want a blog site to earn money, then bluehost is perfect match for you.
Now, if you finally decided to buy then choose the Bluehost hosting that suits your requirement.
Bluehost’s three year hosting in $2.95 a month is nothing as compared to other hosting sites.
What is WordPress?
In simple words, WordPress is a website creation tool that is written in the PHP programming language. In other words, WordPress is an online tool to design or create a blog or a website, and on the internet, there’s almost every website uses WordPress to create their content.
So, the easiest answer for what is WordPress? is WordPress is a pre-programmed online program that can help you creating, managing and decorating your website or blog.
So, you’re a beginner and want to start your blog, WordPress is the only thing you will love after a few months when you will understand how WordPress runs the world.
Now you understand what is WordPress. As you already have purchased your hosting (if not, click here), now installing WordPress is the easiest way, and sometimes it will install automatically by hosting (like in Bluehost, I was not installed the WordPress, It is something like it is inbuilt it, but it was installed automatically after purchasing the hosting)
If not installing automatically, you have to install WordPress manually. For this, you can check my other blogs on how to install WordPress manually?
How to install a WordPress theme?
You can choose GeneratePress, as it is very flexible and a lightweight theme, so the site speed will not decrease by theme.
What is Plugin in WordPress?
- Elementor: Elementor is a drag and drop WordPress page builder plugin to enhance and decorate your site without knowing the coding. I am using this plugin since I started my website and I was not know anything about it that how it works. Elementor has been helping me a lot till now.
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp is the most powerful email marketing tool. And, also it is a free tool until you reach 2000 email subscriber, its mean, it is free until you to grow up your business.
- Ad Inserter : The most popular way of earning money from blogging is AdSense. So, if your site has accepted by Google Adsense then you can use the ad inserter tool to insert the ads. It will ease your work.
- Woo Commerce : The one amazing plugin that can customize your online business. If you started an e-store with your blog site, then Woo Commerce can be very helpful for you from order to delivery, everything can be handled under Woo Commerce, also it supports digital file selling options, so you can also sell downloadable files online.
- WP-Option Wheel : WP-Option wheel is a tool which is very far better to get your audience’s email. As it will appear after some time of opening your website with a spine wheel and people can enjoy it by playing it and you will get their email.
This is the third and most important topic of the post Blogging for Beginners.
Do you know, doing proper keyword research then writing your post will make your life easy in the blogging journey, and as a beginner, you should do proper keyword research to gain traffic and avoid losing hope in blogging.
What is keyword research?
Every blog post on the internet is written by targeting any specific keyword, to get the traffic from that keyword.
I will explain here about keyword research but first, learn about keywords in a different way than know what is keywords.
Let’s assume your family is going out and you are home alone, now you want to make cookie for yourself but you don’t know how to make it. Now, on this internet world, 99.99% chances you will search it on Google instead of asking someone to help you make cookies.
You will run google and can type something like this in the search box:
1. How to make cookies
2. how to make chocolate chip cookies
3. how to make sugar cookies
4. how to make homemade cookies without eggs
and Google will make your work easy by suggesting you the best websites that have content like your searches.
Here is the main thing about keyword and keyword research.
All of these four points are four unique keyword and millions of people search billions of unique keywords from all over the world.
Now assume you are running a blog website that helps their user about making homemade food, then you have to do keyword research that for which keyword has a lot of monthly searches.
For keyword research, you are using Google keyword planner and see the result like this.
1. How to make cookies – 10K to 100K monthly searches (It means 10K to 100K people monthly searches the same keyword)
2. How to make chocolate chip cookies – 1K to 10K monthly searches
3. how to make sugar cookies – 1K to 10K monthly searches
4. How to make homemade cookies without eggs – 100 to 1K monthly searches.
It means here the first keyword “How to make cookies” have huge traffic rather than other keywords, then you will write your blog post by repeating the same keyword again and again in the post and Google will think that your post is mostly about “How to make cookies” and it will show in google’s first page’s first position. 97% user click on google’s first search result and your main aim is to reach that level to rank your post.
But think again, it is not as easy as you think. Now there are millions of blogs are already ranked for the same keyword in google’s first position. Then, is your keyword will rank on the first position instead of them?
No way, and if you’re a new blogger and your site is new, then you should not write your post about that keyword because when you research more about that keyword than you will find that “how to make cookies” is a most difficult keyword to rank because already many old and popular websites are targeting that keyword.
So you have to go with the keyword that has a high search volume but a low competition to rank easily. And that is keyword research.
How to do Keyword research?
You are learning blogging. For beginners, I am suggesting you have to be familiar with keyword research tools. There’re plenty of keyword research tools in the market, some of them are free, some are paid. Paid tools have some advantages but free can help you a lot of you are new.
When I was started blogging I have started it with free tools and I’m still doing my keyword research with free keyword research tools.
Here is the list of free keyword research tools that I use and target my keywords –
1. Google keyword planner – It is google’s own free keyword research tools in which you can see the search result (average) of the keyword you provide, also you can see the competition, CPC, etc.
2. Neil Patel (UbberSuggest) tool – Neil Patel is a successful blogger in the blogging world. He is also providing a keyword research tool that is free (but sometimes it is not perfect).
3. SEMrush – I know it is a paid tool, but SEMrush allows free 10 research every day. So it is enough if you’re already targeted your keyword with google keyword planner or with Ubbersuggest. Also, SEMrush doesn’t show you a lot of suggestions because they show it in limited numbers that you pay them for showing more. But these 10 results are enough for me, and if you don’t have money as you are new in blogging. For beginners, it is really helpful without paying.
This is the final chapter of the topic of Blogging for Beginners. At this point you’re already learned how to buy hosting and domains, installing WordPress and plugins, doing keyword research, now the time is to write your first blog post.
Actually writing a first blog post is not any special, you have to write every blog post like you’re doing it the first time to make your blog post more helpful and with more valuable content. Because as you will start writing your second, third, fourth, 10th and 20th posts, you will start doing it very fast to finish and write another which will make your post worst quality.
Pick a frequency of writing your blog post like daily once (if you can do), once or twice in a week or once or twice in a month and then start your work regularly.
Now, this is the topic of blogging for beginners, and the last step is writing your first blog post.
Here I will suggest the easiest and powerful method to write your blog post even first, also all of your posts.
1. Find a proper keyword: As I show you in the last point of the topic Blogging for beginners, how to do the keyword research, in the keyword research you have to find a single keyword that have a high search volume, very low or 0 keyword difficulty (KD), a good number CPC (if you don’t have approved Adsense, don’t worry this post will earn in future when AdSense will be approved). And if you’re a beginner in blogging, then target long-tail keywords, they rank easily.
Many bloggers are advised don’t target only one keyword in your post, but I personally know that targeting a single keyword is helping more in ranking instead of targeting more than one keyword in a single post.
2. See the allintitle search volume: Oh, so sorry that I had forgotten you telling about allintitle. What is allintitle? Allintle can restrict google search result to a specific number of posts which have the searched keywords in their title. In the easy words, if you’ll search on google like “Blogging for Beginners” then see the next line showing 26,40,00,000 results.
In all 26,40,000 results, at least one time it is written “Blogging for beginners” whether it is in their title, body or in any image, but If you search this like this “allintitle:Blogging for Beginners” and see the bottom line. It is showing 29,400 results, it means 29,400 posts have the keyword in this title. Now let assume the keyword “Blogging for beginners” have 1,50,000 monthly search volume, and 29,400 website’s post has this keyword in their title, means they are targeting the keyword. Now divide 29,400 by 1,50,000 and the result will be 0.19 and that is awesome. If the result is lower than 0.25, your website will rank in the top 50 just after posting your post online.
3. Examine your competitors: After finally deciding your keyword, now examine your competitors who are already ranking for this keyword that how they write their posts and what is missing in their post that can you provide the visitors. Means, if they are only writing a long enough post, you insert images and infographics, if they are doing with these styles, you have to insert video and whenever you overtake your competitors with one step, google will rank your post, I’m saying it with my own experience.
4. Start writing your Post – Now the time comes, start writing your post by targeting the keywords, insert the keyword in the title, first paragraph, last paragraph and in the body. The density of the keyword should be from 1% to 3% of your post’s total words. Write at least 1600 words each post and write it step by step. Insert images, infographics, make tables, videos and whatever you can do with your post to help your readers, not the search engines.
Work for your audience, and the search engine will work for you. Now you finished the chapter “Blogging for Beginners” and best of luck for your upcoming blogging future.